Accessing Performance monitors from guest

Hi,

I notice that guest access to performance monitors is trapped and emulated to provide dummy values.

We would like to enable performance monitors for guest to run some tests.  So I am planning to disable trapping of all performance monitor accesses from guest. I intend to do this by modifying the bits [0:7] in the HDCR register.

Do you see any issues with this approach? Is there anything else that I need to do other than modifying HDCR?

Thanks
Senthil
PS: Any reason why the PMU access has to be trapped?