Re: ARM ARCH TImers and High Res Timers

Hello,

The implementation depended part of the arch timers are defined in the Cortex-A15 TRM. So any hardware with a Cortex-A15 will have the same number of counters (described there) which function as described in the ARM ARM.

What can differ from the vexpress implementation are the interrupt line numbers, which are defined in the device tree.

The general logic is described in the patch "ARM: KVM: arch_timers: Add guest timer core support":

Add some the architected timer related infrastructure, and support timer
interrupt injection, which can happen as a resultof three possible
events:

- The virtual timer interrupt has fired while we were still
  executing the guest
- The timer interrupt hasn't fired, but it expired while we
  were doing the world switch
- A hrtimer we programmed earlier has fired

Best regards,

--
Antonios Motakis
Virtual Open Systems

Virtual Open Systems Confidential and Proprietary Information. The content of this e-mail message, and any documents, files or e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person entitled for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is not permitted in any way and prohibited.