Re: local_irq_disable when Guest is executing

On 08/01/13 12:03, Sundaram, Senthilkumar wrote:
> I see that in the kvm_arch_vcpu_ioctl_run() function before the guest starts executing there is a local_irq_disable() and local_irq_enable() after the guest returns.
>
> What is the motivation for this? Why are we disabling interrupts while the guest is running?

You got it slightly wrong.

Interrupts are disabled while we're doing the world switch. Once we run
the guest, interrupts are redirected to HYP mode. Otherwise, you would
simply kill the host, who needs its interrupts to be serviced no matter
what is running.

	M.