Branches and status

Just a quick update on the status of the branches in linux-kvm-arm:

kvm-arm-v15-vgic-timers is the latest nicely formatted patch series.
https://github.com/virtualopensystems/linux-kvm-arm/tree/kvm-arm-v15-vgic-timers

kvm-arm-master is identical to kvm-arm-v15-vgic-timers, but is not a
rebasing branch so you can follow all the individual patches and
merges in here.
https://github.com/virtualopensystems/linux-kvm-arm/tree/kvm-arm-master

kvm-arm-hugetlb is based on v15, but with Will's and Steve's huge tlb
patches applied and a KVM huge tlb patch.
https://github.com/virtualopensystems/linux-kvm-arm/commits/kvm-arm-hugetlb

Note, that these are all based on v3.8-rc1 and this requires changes
to the device tree. For the vexpress hardware you can use the device
tree produced by the kernel itself, but for KVM guests running v3.8+,
you need to use an updated version of the model device tree. I hacked
together a working version, but Pawell should release something much
more sane in the new year. You can find my hack here:
https://github.com/virtualopensystems/arm-dts

Also the PPC guys beat us with another IOCTL number, which breaks
compatibility with QEMU, so an updated version can be found here:
https://github.com/virtualopensystems/qemu
https://github.com/virtualopensystems/qemu/tree/kvm-arm-virtio

The changes between v14 and v15 are listed here:

Core implementation:
 - Fixed permission fault handling by correctly retrieving the IPA on
   Stage-2 permission faults
 - Fix compile error when !CONFIG_KVM_ARM_HOST
 - Support building into separate object directory
 - Fixed the Vodoo Bug (see
   https://github.com/virtualopensystems/linux-kvm-arm/wiki/Voodoo-Bug)
 - Improved some tracepoint debugs
 - Improved and cleaned up VTCR and VTTBR initialization
 - Clarified and unified Stage-2 page table clearing
 - Addressed a large number of concerns from Will Deacon's review,
   including fixing a race condition and removing unused exports.
 - Be a little more verbose when something goes wrong during the init
   process.

VGIC Implementation:
 - Large number of commenting and formatting changes
 - Don't rely on the vgic_hcr default value
 - Fix bug in irq_fgx expand/collapse functions
 - Sanitize use of bitmaps
 - Do not use elrsr when queueing an interrupt
 - Deassert SGIs and SPIs that have already been queued
 - Set VMCR to 0 on vcpu init
 - Compute number of list registers once at init time
 - Restructure bytemap/bitmap accessor functions
 - Improve readability by adding accessor functions
 - Define GICH_ constants in gic.h and use these in the vgic code
 - Explain SGI handling in comment
 - Error patch and return value fixes and cleanups
 - Use defines instead of all hardcoded IRQ numbers
 - Refactor level interrupt handling
 - Fix several maintenace-interrupt related bugs
 - Add CPU hotplug notifier

VGIC Implementation:
 - Get virtual IRQ number from DT
 - Simplify access to cntvoff and cntv_cval
 - Remove extraneous bit clearing
 - Abstract timer arming/disarming to improve code readability
 - Context switch CNTKCTL across world-switches
 - Add CPU hotplug notifier

Take a look at the v15 patches if you have time and see if they can
possibly deserve your ack. I will send them out as regular once we get
a week or so into the new year.

Happy new year!

-Christoffer