Re: [RFC 0/5] Making KVM_GET_ONE_REG/KVM_SET_ONE_REG generic.

On 29 August 2012 00:37, Rusty Russell <rusty.russell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         This compiles, completely untested, but it's my attempt to give
> Avi (and Alexander) what he asked for in a generic register accessor.
>
> Mingled in these patches is the conversion of the latest KVM ARM code,
> which is the first proposed user: by the end, we use these accessors for
> *every* register and piece of state.
>
> GET_MULTI/SET_MULTI is an obvious extension which is not yet
> implemented.

Hi Rusty.

I don't see any api.txt patches in here, did I miss them?
(your cover letter doesn't include a diffstat...)

I don't particularly have comments on the implementation but I would
like to see the kernel-userspace ABI clearly described rather than
having to infer it from the code. (including the complete set of
index mappings for the ARM registers that will use this)

thanks
-- PMM