Re: Working rootfs to load host file system from RAM

On 22.08.2012, at 17:10, Jessica Allison wrote:

Has anyone got a working rootfs that I can boot from directly on the ARM Fast Model simulator? I'm not talking about one for the guest but one for the host.

I can properly boot the system in the simulator from NFS, but when I try to build an initramfs from my NFS filesystem and attach that to the simulator with --initrd xxx then the kernel seems to hang after having extracted the initramfs and then freed the memory - it stops doing anything after saying "Freeing init memory".

I have created the initramfs by just doing a

find ./ | cpio -o -H newc | gzip > ./initrd.cpio.gz

in the directory which is my NFS filesystem. Isn't that sufficient?

Your initrd is probably so big that the kernel ended running out of memory while unpacking it :)

Alex