ARMv6 boot problem - guest stuck in genl_init at __do_softirq

On 22.10.2010, at 13:36, Christoffer Dall wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Finally I am back on track getting KVM/ARM running on devices and newer architectures.
>
> I am running into an issue, which seems to require some knowledge of the guest kernel, and was wondering if anyone on the list can provide quick debugging hints. The kernel version is 2.6.27 with ARM/Qualcomm patches for the MSM processors.

I don't quite know too much about the ARM guest kernel, but I can certainly give you debugging hints.

The thing that helped me the most in those kind of situations were tracepoints/printks. I would certainly recomment tracepoints these days ;).

If you add a tracepoint on every guest exit, you get a pretty clear picture on where the guest is processing code on random points in time. That helps a lot following issues exactly like the one you're having. If it's in a loop, you'll certainly see that just by looking at the trace.

Alex