query on compiling android sources

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 4:37 AM, sreenaath vasudevan
<sreenaathkv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I ve a doubt in the android arm system setup. This is reg. compiling android
> sources as mentioned in wiki
> @?https://wiki.ncl.cs.columbia.edu/wiki/index.php/AndroidVirt:Guides:Development_Environment#Getting_started
> 1. I basically 'cd' in to 'linux-android-common' folder and do a checkout of
> android-goldfish-2.6.27-kvm
> 2. After that I fire 'make?goldfish_defconfig, make menuconfig and make
> zImage' commands
> 3. Then the wiki is asking me to 'cd' in to 'android folder'. Is this the
> android folder which is downloaded from?http://source.android.com/download ?
yes, that's the one.

You can avoid the compile by downloading the Android 1.0 sdk and use
the images provided there. However, if you want more memory to work
with the guest, you have to extract the disk images, modify the
inittab file not to start the graphical environment.

I'll adjust the wiki contents.