cannot clone 'android-extra'

Hi
Yeah. It looks like a server problem. It got it resolved. Thanks...
Now I am running in to other issues while following the wiki @
https://wiki.ncl.cs.columbia.edu/wiki/index.php/AndroidVirt:Guides:Development_Environment

*Problem I - Not able to checkout android-goldfish-2.6.27-kvm*
1. I cloned the five repositories linux-android-common, linux-android-msm,
linux-guest, linux-kvm-arm and qemu. I cloned them like 'git clone git://
git.ncl.cs.columbia.edu/pub/git/linux-android-common.git'. Basically I am
doing an anonymous clone as I dont my ssh-key setup in the server.

2. After cloning all the five repos, when I executed the following I ran in
to error from git.
$ cd linux-android-common
$ git checkout -b android-goldfish-2.6.27-kvm --track
ncl/android-goldfish-2.6.27-kvm

fatal: git checkout: updating paths is incompatible with switching branches.
Did you intend to checkout 'ncl/android-goldfish-2.6.27-kvm' which can not
be resolved as commit?

I know that I did not use -o ncl while cloning the repo
'linux-android-common'. I dont know how to get the above step correct.

*Problem II- Not able to clone 'android-extra'*
1. Since I could not checkout the branch android-goldfish-2.6.27-kvm in
'linux-android-common' folder, I went to the git web repo of
'linux-android-common'  and went to the fix where changes for
'android-goldfish-2.6.27-kvm' were made and merged (
http://git.ncl.cs.columbia.edu/git/?p=linux-android-common.git;a=commit;h=1ac012fee91c89594c29c79ce9e9c3b74077f35a)
and took the snapshot and made sure it has the code changes by verifying
from the diffs.

2. With the above step I went ahead with the wiki. But then I could not do
anonymous clone of the 'android-extra.git' repository. When I tried to do
that this is the error I got

root at ubuntu:/media/new_partition/android_kvm# git clone git://
git.ncl.cs.columbia.edu/pub/git/android-extra.git
Initialized empty Git repository in
/media/new_partition/android_kvm/android-extra/.git/

How can I do an anonymous clone of 'android-extra' ? Do I need my ssh-key in
the server to get that so that I can clone using my username ?

It would be great if someone can tell me the steps for cloning anonymously n
setting up by  overcoming these problems.