guest boot status

Brian,

we debugged the boot process today and identified were we get the crash.
It's in a loop between offsets 0xa0 and 0xb8 in head.S. I've described
what happens in the wiki and also added pages about MMU emulation and
moved the boot info to a separate section. Everything should be
committed to the kvmrun branch.

For the weekend I think there are two main tasks you can look at:

1. Before we crash we actually encounter some privileged instructions
which are currently handled as no-ops since we commented out the
translation/emulation code. It could make sense to try to get to the
same point where we are now but actually emulate the privileged
instructions on the way there. It won't solve our crash but it will be
good testing of the translation/emulation code for the future.

There are actually a whole lot of branches taken which would test the
block identification and translation pretty well.

2. Copy the shadow page table code into the emulation branch and play
around with it to see if you can figure out how to resolve the crash.

GL!

/Andreas