||January 16, 2020 |
MEDIA ADVISORY M020-02
Kennedy Space Center Traffic and Road Closures for SpaceX Starlink Launch Activities
On Monday, Jan. 20, 2020, Kennedy Space Center Security Police will be enforcing restricted access from the Kennedy Space Center boundary lines for the duration of a SpaceX launch attempt.
PUBLIC ACCESS ROAD CLOSURES
- State Road 3 from the Gate 2 News Media Pass and Identification Building to State Road 405 (NASA Causeway), including Space Commerce Way, will be closed to the general public at 8:30 a.m. Access to Kennedy Space Center, the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Exploration Park and Blue Origin will be limited to authorized personnel. The roads will reopen after launch.
- NASA Causeway between U.S. 1 and Gate 3 will also be restricted to authorized personnel (badged employees and their partners). The roads will reopen after launch.
- The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will be open; however, once capacity has been reached, no further traffic will be permitted.
- The A. Max Brewer Bridge on State Road 406 in Titusville, east to Playalinda Beach, will be open to all motor vehicle traffic until capacity is reached, or at 11:15 a.m., whichever comes first.
- State Road 3 North at US1 in Volusia County, south to Playalinda Beach, will be open to all motor vehicle traffic until capacity is reached, or at 11:15 a.m., whichever comes first.