Kennedy Director Looks Forward to Expanded Industry Partnership

May 4, 2012

Michael Curie
Kennedy Space Center, Fla.
321-867-2468
michael.curie@nasa.gov

RELEASE: 22-12

KENNEDY DIRECTOR LOOKS FORWARD TO EXPANDED INDUSTRY PARTNERSHIP

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- On Friday, NASA Kennedy Space Center Director
Bob Cabana participated in an event with federal and state officials
to discuss the future plans of Sierra Nevada Corp., one of NASA's
industry partners, in Florida. His remarks from that event are below:

"Partnerships are key to our future success," said Cabana. "We look
forward to expanding our partnership with Sierra Nevada here at
Kennedy Space Center.

"KSC has an extremely talented and dedicated work force, and unique
processing capabilities and facilities that can help our commercial
partners be successful.

"Sierra Nevada is already part of the KSC team through the space act
agreement we signed last year, and we look forward to their more
visible presence, as we continue to enable the commercial space
industry and truly make KSC a multi-user spaceport of the future."

For more information about NASA's Kennedy Space Center, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/kennedy

-end-

ksc-subscribe@newsletters.nasa.gov