NASA Sets Media Credential Deadlines for Ares I-X Flight Test

Sept. 17, 2009

Amber Philman
Kennedy Space Center, Fla.
321-867-2468
amber.n.philman@nasa.gov

Grey Hautaluoma
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-0668
grey.hautaluoma-1@nasa.gov

MEDIA ADVISORY: M09-179

NASA SETS MEDIA CREDENTIAL DEADLINES FOR ARES I-X FLIGHT TEST

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- NASA has set media accreditation deadlines for
the Ares I-X flight test targeted to launch Oct. 31 from Launch Pad
39B at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

Journalists must apply for credentials to attend. To be accredited,
reporters must work for verifiable news-gathering organizations.

Accredited media representatives with mission badges will have access
to Kennedy from rollout through launch. Application deadlines for
mission badges are Oct. 5 for international reporters and Oct. 15 for
U.S. journalists. No substitutions of credentials are allowed. If the
launch is delayed, the deadline for domestic journalists may be
extended on a day-by-day basis.

Media applying for credentials should submit requests via the Web at:

https://media.ksc.nasa.gov

Reporters must use work e-mail addresses, not personal accounts, when
applying. After accreditation is approved, applicants will receive
confirmation via e-mail.

Reporters with special logistic requests, such as space for satellite
trucks, trailers, electrical connections or work space, must contact
Laurel Lichtenberger by Oct. 15 at:

laurel.a.lichtenberger@nasa.gov

Free wireless Internet access is no longer available at Kennedy's news
center. Work space in the news center and the news center annex is
provided on a first-come basis and limited to one space per
organization.

To set up temporary telephone, fax, ISDN or network lines, media
representatives must make arrangements with BellSouth at
800-213-4988. Reporters must have an assigned seat in the Kennedy
newsroom prior to setting up lines.

Journalists must have a public affairs escort to all areas outside the
Kennedy press site except the Launch Complex 39 cafeteria. To obtain
an assigned seat, contact Patricia Christian at:

patricia.christian-1@nasa.gov

To receive Ares I-X updates via Twitter, go to:

http://www.twitter.com/NASA_Ares_I_X

For information about Ares I-X, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/ares

-end-