Media Invited to View NASA's Ares I-X Test Rocket

Aug. 21, 2009

Amber Philman
Kennedy Space Center, Fla.
321-867-2468
amber.n.philman@nasa.gov

MEDIA ADVISORY: 41-09

MEDIA INVITED TO VIEW NASA'S ARES I-X TEST ROCKET

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - NASA will host a media opportunity Aug. 23 at
9:30 a.m. of the fully assembled Ares I-X rocket at Kennedy Space
Center, Fla., in preparation for its test flight targeted for Oct.
31.

The media event will take place around L-2 prelaunch activities for
space shuttle Discovery's STS-128 mission. STS-128 mission badges
will be honored for the Ares I-X event. Media accreditation for this
event is closed.

Journalists should arrive at Kennedy's news center TV auditorium for a
briefing followed by a photo opportunity in the Vehicle Assembly
Building.

All participants attending the event must be dressed in full-length
pants, flat shoes that cover the feet entirely and shirts with
sleeves. To follow Ares I-X processing on Twitter, visit:

http://www.twitter.com/NASA_Ares_I_X

For more information about the Ares I-X and NASA's next-generation
spacecraft, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/ares

-end-

ksc-subscribe@newsletters.nasa.gov