NASA GREATLY EXCEEDS FEDERAL CAMPAIGN DONATION GOAL

Title: Message

NASA News

National Aeronautics and

Space Administration

John F. Kennedy Space Center

Kennedy Space Center, Florida 32899

AC 321 867-2468

Tracy Young

Kennedy Space Center, Fla.                                                                        Nov. 8, 2004

Phone:  (321/867-2468)

RELEASE: 85-04

NASA GREATLY EXCEEDS FEDERAL CAMPAIGN DONATION GOAL

Federal employees at Kennedy Space Center contributed more than $389,000 in donations to the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) in their recent annual fund-raising drive surpassing the campaign goal of $294,000, making this year’s donations the largest in history.   More than 82 percent of employees participated in the campaign.

“I am extremely proud of the KSC family,”  said Center Director Jim Kennedy.  “With the recent hurricanes and the damage and hardships many endured, the generosity and caring displayed by KSC employees is overwhelming.”

CFC chairperson Nap Carroll, said, “The success of this campaign is a result of the tremendous outpouring of support for those less fortunate than us.  The campaign’s success is a reflection of the type of employee’s we have here at KSC.  They ‘Became the Heroes by Sharing, Caring and Giving’.”

The CFC is the annual fund-raising drive conducted nationally by federal employees in their workplace each fall.  Each year, federal employees and military personnel raise millions of dollars through the CFC that benefits thousands of non-profit charities.

“The CFC is a most effective way to make your caring count every day,” added Kennedy.  “Through the CFC, we are changing lives in the community, our Nation, and throughout the world.  The CFC is ‘Caring-Sharing-Helping,’ not just in the fall while we raise funds but year round, by making a positive difference in people’s lives.”

For information about the Combined Federal Campaign visit:

http://www.opm.gov/cfc

-end-

[Index of Archives]     [KSC Site]     [NASA News]     [NASA Science News]     [JPL]     [Marshall Space Flight Center]     [NTSB]     [Yosemite News]     [Tuolumne Meadows Campground]     [STB]     [Deep Creek Forum]     [Cassini Status Reports]     [Telescopes]