NASA KENNEDY SPACE CENTER DIRECTOR GOES TO SCHOOL TO SHARE NEW VISION WITH NATION'S YOUTH

Title: NASA News

NASA News

National Aeronautics and

Space Administration

John F. Kennedy Space Center

Kennedy Space Center, Florida 32899

AC 321 867-2468

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tracy Young

Kennedy Space Center, Fla.                                                      February 12, 2004

(Phone:  321/867-2468)

NOTE TO EDITORS:  05-04

NASA KENNEDY SPACE CENTER DIRECTOR GOES TO SCHOOL TO SHARE NEW VISION WITH NATION’S YOUTH

NASA’s Kennedy Space Center director, Jim Kennedy and a NASA astronaut will visit Stewart Magnet Middle School, a NASA Explorer School (NES) in Tampa, Fla., on Feb. 20 to share the agency’s new vision for space exploration with the next generation of explorers. The school is located at 1125 Spruce Street and the presentation will begin at

1 p.m. at the media center.

“Just as the youth of the 1940s became the pioneers that launched our current space program, the students of the new millennium will turn President Bush’s new space exploration vision into reality,” said Kennedy. “I can’t wait to come to Stewart Middle Magnet School and share the President’s vision so students can find out how they can be a part of our nation’s future space exploration programs.”

Kennedy will talk with students about our destiny as explorers, NASA’s stepping stone approach to exploring Earth, the moon, Mars and beyond, how space impacts our lives, and how people and machines rely on each other in space.

For media interested in arranging interviews with Kennedy in conjunction with his visit to Stewart Middle Magnet School, please contact Tracy Young at 321/867-2468.

For information about the NASA Explorer Schools Program on the Internet, visit:

http://explorerschools.nasa.gov

-more-

-2-

For more information about the President’s new vision for space exploration visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/missions/solarsystem/bush_vision.html

For information about NASA visit:

http://www.nasa.gov

-end-

[Index of Archives]     [KSC Site]     [NASA News]     [NASA Science News]     [JPL]     [Marshall Space Flight Center]     [NTSB]     [Yosemite News]     [Tuolumne Meadows Campground]     [STB]     [Deep Creek Forum]     [Cassini Status Reports]     [Telescopes]