A LETTER TO AMERICA FROM THE COLUMBIA CREW FAMILIES

Glenn Mahone/Doc Mirelson
Headquarters, Washington         March 4, 2003
(Phone: 202/358-1600)

Eileen M. Hawley
Johnson Space Center, Houston
(Phone: 281/483-5111)

RELEASE: 03-092

A LETTER TO AMERICA FROM THE COLUMBIA CREW FAMILIES

     The families of the Space Shuttle Columbia (STS-107)
crew have requested NASA to release the following letter to
the media and public.

"The families of the Space Shuttle Columbia crew are deeply
grateful for the generous outpouring of support and affection
we have received from around the world over the past three
weeks.

"Many people have asked how they can honor the STS-107 crew
and assist our families during this difficult time. There are
several charitable funds that have been established on our
behalf. Information about these funds can be found at:

www.columbiashuttlefund.com

"Sincerely,

The Columbia Crew Families"

For more information about NASA or the Space Shuttle Columbia
investigation on the Internet, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov

-end-