Re: question on microcode loading

On Wed, Feb 08, 2023 at 11:21:13AM +0800, RuiRui Yang wrote:
> > There is only one question regarding CPU microcode loading: it
> > seems the microcode is not "updated early" with kexec upon "boot".

You lost me here: when you load a kernel and you have builtin microcode
or have supplied it through initrd, it should update.

> > This is a homegrown kernel, with built-in firmware

Yeah, this is kinda confusing. When you kexec a kernel, it should be
just the same as when you boot a kernel normally.

If you can give simplified reproduction instructions, I could give it a
try...

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.