RE: makedumpfile: ELF format issues (RE: makedumpfile: Fix divide by zero in print_report())

ah, if makedumpfile makes more than 64k program headers, the debug log
will be more than 8MB.  I should have told you this..

> I'll rework things so that it redirects to a file instead of dmesg, but
> it's going to take me a while to get that deployed and tested.

If your hosts have a big space enough, thare is another way that
you use cp for /proc/vmcore and use makedumpfile after reboot.
For example:

  # cp --sparse=always /proc/vmcore vmcore.cp
  reboot
  # makedumpfile -E -d 31 --message-level 31 --cyclic-buffer 4096 vmcore.cp dump.Ed31

where the --cyclic-buffer option is needed to behave like in 2nd kernrel
on the one of your hosts:
  [   13.341818] Buffer size for the cyclic mode: 4194304

The captured vmcore.cp may be useful for trying a next patch first.

Thanks,
Kazu