Re: panic kexec broken on ARM64?

On 04/07/18 09:41, takahiro.akashi@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 03, 2018 at 09:58:44AM +0100, Marc Zyngier wrote:
>> On 03/07/18 08:01, takahiro.akashi@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> Marc, James,
>>>
>>> I'd like to re-ignite the discussion.

>>> Does this mean that all the irqchips have to be implemented with reset?
>>
>> No. Only those that want to be reset at kexec time.
>
> I don't get the point yet. Who should have reset interface?
> What is the criteria?

The criteria is "this irqchip requires a reset to be safely used in the
secondary kernel". This is a judgement call from the person writing the
driver.

>>> To be clear, from bottom to top (or root), right?
>>
>> I'm not sure I understand your question. The idea is to walk the
>> irq_data chain, until we hit a root irqchip. If we do hit one, we
>> deactivate/eoi/disable this interrupt. If we don't, we do nothing.
>
> I thought that we would traverse the (chained irq) hierarchy from
> bottom to top and call deactivate or others in that order.
> Am I wrong here?

You *cannot* traverse a hierarchy through a chained irq. At that stage,
irq_data->parent_data is NULL. The only thing you can do is to iterate
over all the interrupts and deactivate those that are directly on the
root interrupt controller. This will have the effect of stopping the
interrupts that are behind a chained controller.

	M.