IO memory read from /proc/vmcore leads to hang.

Hi,

I found found that on my Powerpc machine there is some IO memory which
will cause the box to hang if I read it. It's a custom device that was
added to the board for a special purpose.

I was looking for a way to exclude this memory from the dump, and while
doing that I found that kexec makes a list of memory segments that go
into the core file. I was wondering why most of the kexec architecture
don't appear to exclude device memory like what's listed in /proc/iomem.

Is there a good reason why that's not the case?

Daniel