kexec -p and initrd

Hi,

I'm trying to figure something out but the man pages seem a bit
ambiguous.  If I specify the "--initrd" option when loading a kernel for
use on panic, does the initrd get copied into kernel memory at that
point or does it get loaded from the specified path after the panic when
the new kernel is booting?

I'll take a look at the code, but I thought it'd be quicker if someone
already knew the answer.

Thanks,
Chris