Re: Building vmlinux without date/timestamp bits

Hi John,

check include/linux/compile.h and scripts/mkcompile_h

In compile.h is exactly your timestamped information which gets built into the
kernel (cmp. output of uname -s)

If the include/linux/compile.h is not present or needs an update it is
generated using the scripts/mkcompile_h script.

--> You can either supply an identical compile.h for both or change the
behavior of the mkcompile_h script.

Best regards,
Peter