Compiling kernel for IBM N2200

Hi, I hope this mail is submitted to the correct mailing list for the purpose.
I am trying to compile the 2.6.20.3 kernel, as I've got a working
binary for that from http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux2200-26/,
using the .config accompanying said binary. The linux2200-26 README
file states:

"This package includes a compiled and patched kernel
which is ready to run, the .config file for the kernel,
a resoltuion-patch(to 1024x768x16@60Hz) for the geode-fb driver
and the compiled driver-modules.

To get your own compiled kernel working on the N2200 you have
to take the vmlinux-file form arch/i386/boot/compressed and
patch the elf program-header-count to 1 (offset 0x2C)."

However, using the beforementioned .config, running 'make vmlinux'
does not compile a vmlinux ELF binary to the
./arch/i386/boot/compressed directory, nor will the ./vmlinux ELF
binary boot on the N2200 even after patching the program-header-count
(The N2200 loads the kernel into RAM and shuts itself off on
completion). Is there supposed to be compiled a vmlinux ELF to the
[...]/compressed directory, or could I be supposed to be doing
something with the vmlinux plaintext files in that folder? I'd ask the
linux2200-26 project guys, but the help section seems like it haven't
had any activity since 2007 so I think the project's dead now...

Thanks in Advance,
Grachev.