I'm Jordan; New Kernel Developer Here!

Hi, I'm Jordan. I'm interested in working on security hardening in Linux!

The docs said to introduce myself, so here it goes!

I'm a developer with about 10 years experience. I currently freelance in full stack, but my roots go back to an apprenticeship at OSDL. I've been doing a lot of full stack / Python work lately, so I may be a little rusty with kernel development but I'm nowhere near a noob.

I ran into another kernel developer recently at a Linux tech talk. I was told that while kerndev isn't "sexy," it's necessary and greatly desired. So I'm coming back to where the need is.

How's that for an intro? Anything else you want to know about me? I'm looking forward to meeting some of you!

Also, what are good first steps?