UPDATE: After upgrade to Debian testing (trixie/sid): plasmoids still don't work, KDE doesn't find sound devices.

On Tue, Sep 12, 2023 at 10:37:51PM +0200, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Tuesday September 12 2023 15:57:03 A. F. Cano wrote:
>
> >Another data point:  On a Mac Pro, Debian 12 (kde-full 5:142)
> >with 2 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPUs  E5320  @ 1.86GHz, 4 cores each:
> >"Individual Core Usage" -> "Sensor Details" shows all 8 cores.
> >
> >"Individual Core Usage" works fine
> >"System Load" produces no output.
> >
> >Any idea what the problem could be? I'm reluctant to upgrade my main system
> >if things like this are going to break.  Can I provide some spefic data that
> >might help pinpoint the problem?
>
> I don't know what backend your plasmoid uses, but 2 things you could try to see if more traditional utilities also have problems:
>
> 1) From a shell, run `sensors-detect` (as root, let it run all the tests it proposes) followed by `sensors`.
>
> 2) Also from a shell, run `solid-hardware list details`
>
> R.

In an attempt to see if this problem disappeared in testing, upgraded this
computer to testing (trixie/sid).  The plasmoids still don't work and
KDE doesn't find the sound devices.  The plasmoid only has the dummy
device.  This is not a matter of the driver (snd_hda_inte).  Playing
audio files as root from a console works fine.

Anything else I could try to figure this out?  Thanks.

Augustine