Re: Dolphin replace/remove invalid chars in filename when copying to NTFS?

Having just an automated autoreplace could result in poor results, esp
if not explained to the user...

I wonder if functionality could be done to check what the destination
filesystem is,and a quick scan of the file names to look for
incompatible characters, then provide a dialog with functionality like

"Some files contain characters not allowed by the destination file
system (FilesystemTypeHere) and cannot be copied as-is. Manually
rename the files below, click to allow auto-replacement of characters,
or continue operation without those files
| /home/clarjon1/BoxOfFilesWithInCompatibleNames
| /home/clarjon1/ThatAllowForTheTextToBeCopied
| /home/clarjon1/SoUsersCanManuallyReplace
| /home/clarjon1/AtTheirDiscretion
[Autoreplace]  [Ignore Files]  [Cancel]

If Autoreplace is chosen, a second dialog should appear, that will
show the results, so users can note/document what the new file names
are, which may be important eg for updating scripts.