Re: Plasma message window text color

Jim posted on Thu, 6 Oct 2022 19:48:23 -0700 as excerpted:

> How do I change the color of the text in the message windows that plasma
> displays?  On my computer running Kubuntu 22.04 the text in the message
> windows is almost as black as the black background, thus its difficult
> to read. Does anyone know how to change it? Here's an example of what it
> looks like.
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtYHH03yt1Fm8RnBLxCYdOF_x7LItZRk/view?
usp=sharing

[Note that I run live-git-master for kde frameworks/plasma. With
frameworks/plasma's active development 22.04 was some time ago, so the
names/locations/etc I describe below might not quite match what you see.]

I believe that's part of the plasma style settings.  Look in kde-plasma's
systemsettings under appearance, plasma style, load it directly with
kcmshell5 desktoptheme, or type a keyword such as style or theme into
krunner and pick plasma style from there.

You can choose one of the pre-shipped styles or use the GHNS (get hot new
stuff, in this case get new global themes) button to find an appropriate
user-created style to download.

FWIW, I still like and normally run the KTrans (=transparent) style (then
called theme) I downloaded back in early kde4 times (when
(semi-)transparent was the latest new thing but kde itself only shipped
with semi-transparent plasma themes), as I really like its 100%
transparent backgrounds.  The ktrans text/icon color is white, so
nominally it works best with dark wallpaper.  However, with kwin's fade-
inactive effect configured, as long as something other than the desktop
itself is active, that seems to fade even pure white wallpapers enough
that the white-on-clear is readable.  YMMV.