Re: Akonadi won't start

Paul Brown posted on Fri, 22 Apr 2022 20:11:59 +0200 as excerpted:

> On Friday, 22 April 2022 19:47:59 CEST A. F. Cano wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 04:45:44PM -0400, Mike Diehl wrote:
>> >
>> >    So, what could I be missing?
>>
>> Maybe your FS has been remounted read-only as a result of disk errors?
>> Check with "mount", though I would expect more errors if this were the
>> case.
>
> Also I am thinking maybe weird permission SNAFU with the likes of
> SELinux?
> Does that sound plausible? It has happened to me, but years ago...

Also be aware (and look up the details as necessary)... AFAIK mysql has
its own permissions system quite apart from that of the kernel/filesystem,
and many people have been confused when they see permissions errors,
thinking they're filesystem/kernel permissions, when in fact they're msql
user permissions system errors.

Not that this particular error *is* a mysql permissions system error, but
it /could/ be.  It's worth investigating if you haven't.

(As for me, I may be technically inclined enough to have seen multiple
articles on the topic over the years, but I'm not a database person and
haven never had to deal with it personally, so for me it's just an item to
check on a troubleshooting list, should I ever find myself troubleshooting
database errors of some sort.  Meanwhile, I got off kmail when it jumped
the akonadi shark, and am today much happier with the boring dependability
of claws-mail.  I don't need bells and whistles and calendars and
databases.  I need -- and have -- email that works.  But YMMV,
particularly if you use kontact and need calendar functionality, etc.)