Re: Question about screen resolution in plasma 5 using x11 and a 4 K monitor arrangement.

Hi Stakanov,

13.03.2022 09:56:02 Stakanov <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> It came to my mind that maybe the Plasma desktop cannot be resolved over the
> proposed 2160x1140.
>
> Could you tell me if plasma has a resolution limit and maybe cannot fully
> resolve 4K? This would help me very much.

I'm running Plasma 5.22 (and have been running other 5.x versions) on a 4k monitor without issue. Also using X11 on Kubuntu with Nvidia GPU though.

Hard to say what's causing the issue, but pretty sure it's not KDE.

Have you tried booting another distribution from a USB drive, such as Ubuntu, and see whether you get the right resolutions?

Patrick.