Re: how to autohide the panel?

On Wed, 2022-02-23 at 19:12 +0100, Patrick Nagel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday, 23 February 2022 16:47:03 CET hw wrote:
> > I have set the panel to autohide and it's not hiding except
> > sometimes :(  Instead the windows go underneath the panel,
> > which is very annoying.
>
> Not happening for me (Plasma 5.22.5 on Kubuntu 21.10).

Well, it's not hiding here.  Isn't that a basic feature that should be
working fine since a long time?

> > Is there a way to get the panel to automatically hide like it's
> > supposed to?  How is it possible that even simple things like
> > this still aren't working after 25 years or so of KDE?
>
> Your post would have been more useful if you had stated the Plasma version
> you're using, and if you had omitted that last sentence ;)

Well, maybe then you can explain how it's possible that simple basic
features don't work though KDE has been around for a pretty long
time now?

It's the version that is in Fedora 35 --- I'm now seriously giving
gnome a try because of this.  If that doesn't work out, I might
just go back to fvwm.