Re: How to stop Dolphin from updating access times

On Sunday April 04 2021 11:45:16 Moritz Petersen wrote:

>first place. In my (perhaps naive) opinion there should not be any
>reason for the file to be accessed unless I interact with it's
>content in some way.

Ah, but that's the point: atime is updated because of more actions than mtime. The way I understand it, atime is updated each time you access any file property other than what you need to obtain a basic directory listing (but doing that will update the directory's atime).

Do you have the right-hand panel in Dolphin that shows file information, rating, etc? You could disable that, or disable the various info-to-be-shown options one by one and see if (and which) solves your issue. The fact that you see it happen for certain file types but not others suggests Dolphin isn't the one doing the actual accessing, but rather some library it depends on.

R.