Clean up stray filetype association to Okular

Dear list,

I am having a little problem here. Okular seems to be associated with every
single file type in my KDE setup. When I browse through file associations,
it is mentioned in practically all of them, for many of the exotic ones it
is even the only one.

When I uninstall Okular, those associations are gone from the files’ context
menu, but once I re-install it, they are all back. Today I wanted to open an
opus file and noticed Okular in first place, not even in the Open with…
list, which finally gave me the push to ask around.

I created a new test user, and in there everything seems normal. There was
no Okular in the application list for opus files. So it is probably some
mis-configuration in my user config. Looking in ~/.local/share/applications,
there is no mentioning of okular. Where else can I look? How can I resolve
this?

I don’t want to go through every single filetype and remove it there. This
is not the proper way to solve this, anyway. I also don’t want to create a
new user and migrate everything again. I’ve done this quite recently due to
some Akonadi problem and it’s just too much work. Somewhere in my system there
is a setting that says Okular is a legitimate application for every filetype
there is. My ~/.mailcap mentions okular, but only thus:
application/pdf; /usr/bin/okular '%s'; description=PDF; test=test -n "$DISPLAY"

Can you give me a nudge, please?
Much obliged.

--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’