Re: [SECURITY ALERT] Kleopatra allows local users to execute arbitrary code

On Thursday January 28 2021 08:49:50 Andre Heinecke wrote:

>Ok, its a bug but I don't think this is really a security isse

+++

>From what I understand the bug is that a file is executed instead of being encrypted/decrypted.

This could be a security risk on a proper OS where it would allow users to execute code as a more privileged user, or execute code s/he wouldn't otherwise be able to execute. Does that happen here, IOW, what happens when the user tries to launch this c:\program.exe binary directly?