Re: Years later, kmail still is not a viable email client?

dragon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Now after years I again try to use kmail again (since Thunderbird butchered the PGP and its integrated support if it is subpar).

But kmail again stops working after short while - all emails are in "Connection Established" state (in config - accounts - receiving).

I can't get KMail to add my IMAP account and I don't understand why. I give it the account credentials, the FQDNs of the IMAP server and the SMTP server, and then I see an empty progress bar under "Setting up account..." which never moves. The "Details..." button reveals an empty log of activity (all white screen where I assume I'm supposed to see a log of what happened between KMail and my IMAP and/or SMTP servers as KMail authenticates and gathers folder and mail information).

I'm confused as to why KMail does apparently nothing here: I know the data I'm giving KMail is valid because Thunderbird works fine with the same credentials. Other command-line clients also work with the same credentials connecting to the same IMAP/SMTP hosts.

If anyone has any tips for adding an account to KMail in another way, please post a followup.

I'll try making a movie of the Account Assistant window to submit a bug.