Re: Breeze errors in journal - are they significant?

On Wednesday July 01 2020 12:08:18 Ianseeks wrote:

>Jul 01 09:55:11 LanL sddm-greeter[12108]: file:///usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze-openSUSE/Main.qml:463: TypeError: Cannot read property 'smallSpacing' of null
>Jul 01 09:55:11 LanL sddm-greeter[12108]: file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/plasma/workspace/components/BatteryIcon.qml:42: TypeError: Cannot call method 'roundToIconSize' of null

You'd have to figure out which package installs those files, but my guess is that it's the breeze-provide theme for the login manager (maybe you can uninstall just that if it has its own, optional package?)

The symptoms look like the theme's QML files require a newer Qt version than you have installed; I've seen similar things happen (and corrected them) in KDevelop. It's, erm, easy to miss this during development, but your distribution should have caught it during testing. (Unless there's an auto-update feature for look-and-feel stuff that's been left active by the distribution.)

Either way, this looks like a bug in Breeze and/or in the theming auto-updating feature (probably a Plasma component). For the latter the bug would be that themes requiring a newer-than-available Qt version shouldn't be installed automatically (including updates to already installed themes). For Breeze, the bug would be a mismatch between the claimed minimum supported Qt version and the actually required version.

This would be more appropriate on the plasma-devel mailing list.