Re: "Only quote selected text when replying" feature not working in Kmail

Dear Matt.

Matt Connell - 21.06.20, 08:34:02 CEST:
> Apologies if this is not the correct place for this posting, and feel
> free to point me to the right location

I suggest you ask on kdepim-users mailing list.

> When I enable the "only quote selected text when replying" feature
> under Configure -> Composer -> General, the reply behavior doesn't
> seem to change.  That is to say, if I try to select a line of text,
> and reply (as one would do with a mailing list, for example), the
> reply window quotes the entire message instead.  I've tried
> unchecking and rechecking the box, with an 'apply' in after each
> change, to no avail.
>
> Is this a bug?  How can I troubleshoot/fix this?
>
> Kmail Version 5.13.3 (19.12.3) (according to the about panel) on
> Gentoo Linux, with OpenRC profile selected.

Works just fine here with KMail 5.14.1 (20.04.1) and also worked fine with
19.08. I skipped 19.12, so cannot say anything about that version.

Ciao,
--
Martin