Re: Plasma & NFS

On Sun, 2020-05-31 at 15:50 +0200, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Sunday May 31 2020 12:54:01 test wrote:
>
> > It's like creating intentionally creating disk failures.  Don't do it.
>
> I assume(d) that the OP only mounts those remote home directories to do
> maintenance on them, exchange/edit files, etc.

I thought he's mounting a (remote) home directory instead of another one
that was mounted earlier.  But then, it's probably not so easy to do that
while KDE is running, so who knows ...  At least it would explain how
everything gets stuck except kwin maybe, although not why it all gets stuck
only when he /doesn't/ unmount home directories.

But if he did mount multiple remote home directories and is running
multiple instances of KDE on them, he might need a better network card or
something.

If he's using Fedora 32, he probably can't log out of KDE right because
stuff continues to run because it's buggy.  Yet in that case, I wonder how
he manages to unmount these home directories when he doesn't forget to do
that ...