Re: slow graphics when laptop display is disabled

On Saturday, May 9, 2020 8:23:56 PM CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> >graphics are unusably slow. When the monitor of the laptop is enabled,

> >grahpics are at normal speed.

> I can't answer your questions, but have you considered using this as a

> reason to get used to using a dual-head set-up? FWIW, this is like the

> set-up I've been using for years now with my MBP: the laptop screen acts as

> a 2ndary screen when I'm at one of my fixed work stations, one I use for

> documentation windows, my email client's main window etc.

The laptop doesn't fit on my desk. I got the docking station to be able to use the laptop at home.

Can anyone recommend a way to switch a keyboard and a trackball between (at least) two computers without the keyboard forgetting the key repeat rate and delay when switching and with a trackball using an USB dongle rather than a cable? (It's the only left handed trackball I could find in the last 25 years, otherwise I wouldn't have a wireless one.) The keyboard is also USB. I wouldn't want to spend a fortune on such a switch, and it would have to be small enough to fit on my desk.