Re: support for multiple touchpad devices in systemsettings5

On Saturday April 25 2020 12:02:36 Константин Плешаков wrote:

>Is it possible to configure both touchpads in the systemsettings interface?
>If not, please tell me how can I do without an interface? Where and how

I prefer to set my touchpad settings directly with synclient in a script that gets invoked at login. The version I have doesn't appear to have any way to specify which device it's supposed to apply to.

Your xorg.conf does have appropriate entries for both devices, I presume (i.e. both devices are detected/declared as touchpads, not as mouses)?

I do have both an internal and external trackpad with my Mac, but I don't think even the Mac OS makes it easy to control the settings of each individual device. That may be because they're both Apple trackpads, supposed to behave exactly the same way (from a user point of view, backed up by equivalent hardware/settings) - and settings do change for both devices when I modify them.

R.