Re: Falkon

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 05:48:46PM +0100, Mateusz Tomaszewicz wrote:
> Will Falkon get an update? Because so far it is on version 3.1 and the
> QT engine on version 5.12 and the current version of the engine is
> already on version 5.13. Please feedback.

Hi,

I would assume that the Falkon version number scheme has nothing to do with
the Qt version number scheme. Falkon uses Qt, but is not a Qt product. Hence
there should be no relation between Falkon and Qt version numbers.

One could say that Falkon is a mere interface – a GUI – put over the
QtWebEngine core, so it always uses the version of QtWebEngine that you have
installed in your system. Just like the old alternative Internet Explorer
GUIs of yore.

--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

I had a problem and used Java. Now I have a ProblemFactory.