Re: System tray tooltip timeout

On Friday, August 2, 2019 8:11 AM, Ave Milia <avemilia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When you point at an application icon in system tray, it shows a tooltip with information about the application for ~5 seconds. Then the tooltip disappears.
>
> Is it possible to configure the tooltip timeout?

Upon further googling it seems like the default timeout for all tooltips is defined here [0] (and is set to 4s). According to [1] it should probably be possible to set the tooltip timeout in qml. I don't know if qml instructions are user-overridable, I assume real source code is generated from qml (so it's not swappable without recompilation). And finally, I found qml file [2] for the default tooltip in case it is user-overridable.

If qml is not overridable, I guess my best option is to edit tooltipdialog.cpp and rebuild?

[0]: <https://github.com/KDE/plasma-framework/blob/2ac699988111afc0a5e4f1b871c311c578f05e80/src/declarativeimports/core/tooltipdialog.cpp#L33>
[1]: <https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-controls2-tooltip.html#delay-and-timeout>
[2]: <https://github.com/KDE/plasma-framework/blob/master/src/declarativeimports/core/private/DefaultToolTip.qml>