Plasmoid in/with Python?

Hi,

I'm trying to write a simple Plasmoid to display RSS feeds.
Since the XML files provided by different websites often differ in details, the implementation with QML XmlListModel is really error prone.
As far as I know, it is possible to bridge with C++ in plasmoid. However, I like script languages for this.

It is possible to use Python to extend the QML view (especially since good RSS libraries exists for it)? I only found articles/tutorials for Plasma 4.

Thanks,
Gerion