Re: how to add a shortcut to desktop by a shell command or a Python API or a C API?

On Wednesday June 05 2019 23:27:47 wk wrote:

>   My question is: how to add a shortcut to desktop by a shell command or a Python API or a C API?

Check a few of the entries made via the GUI by typing (in a shell)

%> ls -l ~/Desktop

A priori the desktop entries will either be symlinks to the application's .desktop file, or copies thereof. If that's the case you can simply create the ones you want by creating symlinks or copies yourself. Along the same lines you could write a script that creates a .desktop file for any application you want to be able to start with the mouse, with your icon of choice etc.

R.