Re: disable akonadi

On Sunday September 02 2018 09:04:14 Duncan wrote:

>Do you find that you actually use locate enough to be worth the trouble
>of the constant updates?  I never did here, and that was back on slow

Yes, I think so. I'll use `find` if I know exactly where I want to search or my search key requires it, and `locate` for most other cases (or when the search location is a very large tree with lots of branches requiring elevated permissions; locate will skip those silently).

I *notice* the locate db update, but I didn't say it *bothers* me. Most of the time it's completes before I finish sifting through and replying to my morning email.