Re: Color configuration issue on Plasma

On Thursday July 05 2018 13:16:01 dep wrote:

>> Have you checked under System Settings/Application Style/Window Decorations? That was at least the place to check until Plasma 5.11 .
>
>I've looked there but found nothing of obvious or even obscure use.

Try `kcmshell5 kwindecoration`, that should open the KCM in question.

A priori you must have a file ~/.config/kdeglobals that contains most settings, and of course it should be writable.

>After all these years, I just want something that works.<g>

Should have gotten a Mac (and accept the choices it makes for you) ;)
(Or what I did: clone a good old and well-oiled install that works just as you want and then tweak it to work on the new hardware...)

Looking at some reviews of the PC in question I got the idea that it's not a standard Ubuntu that gets installed by default. That means they can have made all kinds of adaptations, including a reset of certain settings files to factory defaults - that could be as crazy (IMHO) as putting the directories where those files are stored on volatile storage.