Re: Dolphin loses UI settings when restarted

On Monday June 25 2018 17:21:14 Florian Lindner wrote:

AFAIK KF5 applications handle their own settings including those pertaining to the UI and window size (but not window placement, on Linux).
Still, your best bet would be to install and try a minimal Plasma5 desktop to see if your problem exists there too, with and without:
>    export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME="qt5ct"

What is that theme? You know that you can use the plasma-integration platform theme plugin even if you don't run the Plasma5 desktop, right? That may improve certain things for you.

>    export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=$HOME/.kde4/lib/kde4/plugins/:/usr/lib/kde4/plugins/

Those are KDE4 settings, which have no effect on Dolphin 18.x. I don't think the setting can hurt though.

R.