Re: Konqueror 5.0.97 issues

On Monday June 18 2018 10:57:31 Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

>best part was (and perhaps still is) that I can open them at will and they're
>all independent processes and one instance crashing or locking up matters
>nothing to all the others. I can't say the same for Firefox, or Chrome, or
>SeaMonkey - all of which I also use for various things.

I cannot really speak for FireFox in this matter and certainly not for SeaMonkey, but it has been a very long time since I had a full session crash in Chrome. You'd need to get the GPU or UI process to crash, and that just hasn't happened for ages. In fact, I routinely free up resources by killing tabs in the embedded task manager. I'm pretty certain I could kill them from the commandline - if I knew which process goes with what tab.

>All I really need to "fix" is how to open multiple instances like I used to.

Has the issue been fixed where if you did `konqueror http://www.whatever.wherever` it would pass the URL to your default browser and become some sort of useless virtual paperweight itself?

R.