Re: How to use the "opengl" qt rendering backend instead of "raster"?

Hi,

> Window content and window decoration are things under control of 2 different applications, either can do compositing or not.

Window content painting is always under control of the application -
it doesn't make a difference whether compositing is enabled or not.

> To my knowledge there is no such thing; Qt5 uses OpenGL underneath.

Whenever I cause a redraw of a KDE-5 application, I always see a lot
of cycles spent in software rendering/blending loops - even for
operations which can be easily done with OpenGL (blits with alpha).

> You may discover options when you follow the path through which the functions you mentioned are called,
> but you should probably ask this question on the Plasma and/or Qt mailing lists.

The kde page "KDE Mailing Lists" only shows this list - and a separate
list for developers.
Is there a separate list for plasma questions?

Thank you in advance, Clemens