Re: kdialog: sound file from notifyrc file was not found,

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 3:52 AM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I can't check right now, but I recall seeing this kind of message when I first started installing KF5 applications before I installed the Plasma5 component that provides things required not provided by KNotifications. A bit curious if you ask me, given how KNotifications is supposed to be cross-platform and Plasma5 is jealously defended as not to be used outside of Plasma5 desktop environments.
(In the end I patch KNotifications in my packaging so it calls Qt's equivalent of the sysbeep when a notification requires sound and has no existing sound file to be played.)

R.

You raise some interesting points. Thank you for the ideas.

Duncan, thanks for all your info too. That allowed me to resolve the issue.